Sunday 17 February 2013

Maison Martin Margiela

I studied Martin Margiela a lot in my foundation course.
I think a lot of his stuff appealed to me because he almost gropes the wearer with his concepts, they become a different kind of human under his designs. I'm sure you all know his shuttlecock suit and biker glove biker jacket and his hair clothes that resembled hot yetis...? I also strongly associate him with covered faces and hidden identity.
Spring 2009

Spring 2009

Fall 2012

Fall 2012

His recent stuff is minimalist ethereal, following are some pieces from his Spring 2013 collection:




I was actually a bit dissapointed when I looked at his recent ready to wear collection, it's been diluted to nothing, and whilst I appreciate good quality cutting and classic shapes it does just get a bit samey, a bit pointless. Anyway here are some interesting pieces from his current ready to wear collection.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment